Now you can delegate tasks to your team!
Just click on the red NEW TASK button in the upper right-hand corner and then complete the four required fields:
1) Task title;
2) Assignees (1 to 20 or send it to the team backlog);
The information is needed to organize the flow of tasks within the system and to register the data for monitoring purposes and the creation of management reports.
Let’s get to work!
Next, please enter a title for the task and choose the task’s assignees, i.e., the employees who will be assigned to work on it. Here you have to remember that you can only assign employees to a particular task that already have the needed permission.
Attention: When you assign more than one user per task, all those users will be able to work on it simultaneously.
Next, choose the Task Type. Task Types are used to categorize data so that the company can monitor how much time is invested in each, feeding management reports and helping to identify bottlenecks. For example, you can compare which employee completes a particular task type in the shortest time. When entering new task types in the system, remember to include the Effort (the time it should take to complete the task).
Now, allocate the task to the relevant client and project. Clients are in boldface, with their related projects listed below.
Whenever a client, project or task type is not registered in the system, you can create a new one. Just click on "Create new user", “Create new task type” or “Create new client and project,” next to each field and enter the required data.
Ready! This is all you need to create a new task.
Below, you’ll find the description field for the task. Write a detailed account of what you need to be done, to avoid mistakes or the need for rework.
Finally, there are four icons at the bottom of the window, next to the "Create Task" button: 1) Attach files, 2) Include date, 3) Include follower, 4) Add new rule 5) Checklist and 6) Tags.
They are used in the following manner:
1) By clicking on the "Clip" icon, you can add files by either opening the relevant folder on your computer or by dragging them to the highlighted area.
2) Clicking on the "Calendar" icon allows you choose if the task will enter the priority queue of a particular employee’s task list (or your own) or if it will have a determined start time or date scheduled, accompanied by a notification to start working. If the task you are creating will be repeated, on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis, you can program that into the system by clicking on "Schedule" and then "Repeat." You can also create an "ongoing" task, which has no set delivery date or estimated effort time, and which can be started and paused at any time, for working on day-to-day routines.
3) Clicking the "Antenna" icon allows you to include one or more followers. Followers are people who will be able to monitor progress on the task and comment or even attach files to it but will not be working on the task directly.
4) By clicking on the "Arrows" icon, you add one of two possible rules: either creating a "sequence of responsibles” (task-owners) or creating prerequisite tasks. A sequence of responsibles defines who should work on a particular task after it is delivered by the current assignee. Prerequisite tasks allow you to define one or more tasks that must be completed before work can begin on the one you are creating.
Note: when you create a task with multiple assignees, you will not have the option of adding a sequence of responsibles.
5) When you click on the "List" icon, you can create a checklist.
6) You can, also assign tags to the tasks you’ve created. Those tags will allow you to split your projects into sub-projects, indicate the codes for specific cost centers, or simply group related tasks together.
All set? Click "Create Task" and hit “Play”!
Have any doubts? Send us an e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org or a mensage on our chat.