Here's what you'll learn in this section:
1. Board Filters
2. Creating a Filter
Are you already familiar with Runrun.it’s Board functionality? Then take a look at this article to learn how to create and apply filters.
1) Board Filters
The Board displays a complete view of your account on Runrun.it.
In other words, it’s the best place for you to track your workflow and task progress.
You can create filters to obtain a more granular view, focusing on a specific customer, project or even task type, such as “Meeting”. You can also, for example, view all of the tasks that require your approval.
That way, you will be able to analyze all the workflows or just specific cases, on just one screen, according to your needs as a manager.
It's important to remember that filters work based on the "or" and not the "and" format. Namely, you can, for example, see tasks linked to two employees, two customers, or one customer and a subgroup.
Filters have the following conditions available:
Groupings and tabs
- Task Title: Use this option to search by task name;
- Clients: Use this option to search by customer;
- Groups: If groups are enabled for your account, select the desired groups from the list;
- Subgroups: If subgroups are enabled for your account, select the desired subgroups from the list;
- Projects: Select the desired project(s) from the list;
- Teams: Select the desired team(s) from the list;
- Task Types: Select the desired task(s) from the list;
- Tags: Select from a list of the registered tags for your account.
To add more than one group and tag to the filter, click the selected box and choose as many as needed.
- All: All tasks on the board;
- Unassigned: Tasks that have no assigned users;
- Select Assigned Users: Select users to display the tasks to which they have been assigned.
To add more assigned users to the filter, simply click the selected box and choose as many as needed.
Desired due date
- All: All tasks on the board;
- No Dates: Tasks that have no desired delivery date;
- Last 7 Days: Tasks that were delivered in the last 7 days;
- Today: Tasks whose desired delivery date is today;
- Tomorrow: Tasks whose desired delivery date is tomorrow;
- Next 7 days: Tasks whose desired delivery date is within the next 7 days;
- Next 30 days: Tasks whose desired delivery date is within the next 30 days;
- Select date: Choose a date on the calendar to display the tasks that have that desired delivery date;
- Select period: Choose a specific time range from the calendar and display tasks within those desired delivery dates.
- Delayed: Tasks that have missed the desired delivery date;
- Effort exceeded: tasks that have exceeded their estimated effort (determined by task type);
- Play active: Tasks on which a user is currently working;
- Pending Approval: Board tasks that are awaiting approval;
- My approvals: Board tasks that are awaiting your approval.
2) Creating a Filter
To create a filter, select the desired conditions according to the options listed above. Click Save and then name your filter and click Confirm.
Your saved filters will be available in your MY FILTERS box.
Remember that creating filters on the board works in the same way as creating Dashboard metrics.
Each user can create their own filters – depending on their permissions. Other users will not have access to the filters you created, regardless of their set profile within Runrun.it (as an administrator, manager or leader).
Have any doubts? Send us an e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org or a mensage on our chat.